Thanks again Matias for setting up the meeting with Dr.Claus. Just to briefly update the other people who couldn't make it please see below.
- Dr. Claus we really happy with our work thus far guys! :) All feedback was good. So well done to all of you!
We need to keep this momentum going, if we manage that we should be all good come 7 weeks.
- We took Dr. Claus through the prototypes and showed him the basic mechanic for the Infrared game mechanic.
- Matias will give Dr.Claus a link to our new group blog (this bog).
- We also explained how we would ideally like to give him the ability to modify the system in terms of number of minigames available. Also in terms of changing textures that get applied to assets without having to use the game engine. Keeping the system flexible and modifiable, as Akshayan mentioned. I did let him know that this was something we would 'like' to add to the system not something we definitely will be adding. But I'll try and come up with some kind of Admin panel in the next couple of weeks :) In theory it shouldn't be crazy difficult and would be awesome!
- We asked a number of animation questions as well, which Begoña made notes of. For example how the probe would detach itself from the orbiter.
- Begoña also asked about potential issues that would occur with the orbiter which was smart since this could potentially open up loads of mini game scenarios. We also discussed the trade off between probe payload and the weight of the probe.
- Dr. Clause mentioned, what I think is a neat idea for a mini game, that I will post in a separate post.
- I also told Dr.Claus that we will have a working prototype with at least one mini game done within the next two weeks. If anything seeing as how we have 7 weeks left we should really be able to meet this deliverable if not surpass. I intent to build a web player build or PC build for him. I'll post more details on my personal blog when that time comes.
Any of you other guys who were present please do reply if you think I've missed anything! :)